Tuesday, May 18, 2010

ON LIBRARY IN LIBRARY

Knock....... ‘Abhi.....come on buddy...get up.it is time for library....abhi....kutte...get up’’.......I opened my stressful eyes after being banged by the above sweet(!?) words  from anuraag, my batch-mate..As a normal guy, I always hate the feeling when someone forcefully gets me out of the bed, especially from a morning REM sleep. I felt like a dog as I slept @3am last nightL. After giving some stress to my optic nerve in my dark room, I found out that it was 8.30 am. OMG... I scratched my head in tension because our library opens @9amL. Suddenly I felt as if I am amalgamated with the soul of Usain Bolt. Then I attended the sweet call from nature in a hurry & stepped towards the medico’s morning destination; the LIBRARY.

I know, some of you are wondering about the fact why I sacrificed my much needed sleep. Is it just for a tag of punctuality in my neck??? NO...actually having(capturing) a seat in the library of my college during summer is similar to Ravindra Jadeja bowling a maiden over in a T-20 match!! Sometimes I feel that one has to reserve a seat since the stage of zygote!!Nobody prefers a hot hostel over an air-conditioned library .on the other hand, sitting in library ensures me an extended period of study. That is why I am flying in love with our library. If you have never been to a library of a medical college, then you are reading the right article.

All the hard-core library-philiacs reach the library gate before 8.55am during summer & wait for the officials to open it. Some students are very possessive about their fixed seats so they always sparkle in the queue. The boyfriends always hold 6-7 books (including their GF’s). It is really pathetic to watch some of the underweight boyfriends holding the 4 volumes of Harrison/2sets of bailey-love/2 sets of robbins.....anything for you ma’am!!!. They are definitely good prospects in weight-lifting for India in Olympics.

Some nocturnal animals like me, hit the library at 9.30 am. Even at this time, it takes a lot of effort to get a seat. At 9.30, although 90% of the seats are reserved, you’ll find only 50-60 students in the library having a capacity 500 students!! This is just because of the old Indian disgusting tradition of reserving seats for friends & so-called lovers by keeping a book on the table. Some students keep their book & leave away to have some Tiffin in our inglorious canteen. Some other go to the table-tennis room & return after 6pm!!!
So at around 10 am, all the brains align themselves in a common phase; STUDY. You’ll find 3 different category of students (1) Voracious readers (2) Lovers & (3) Students unable to concentrate. I don’t want to transform my article into a boring one by mentioning about the 1st category. So let me skip those purely dedicated souls..!!

So here comes the second category; LOVERS.  They always sit next to each other unlike at restaurants where they sit in front of each other. Do you know why?? Actually in the restaurant, the BF wants to check how much his lover is eating, but in the library there is no threat to the wallet!! 99.9% of the lovers are accompanied by a bottle in front of them (rest 0.01% are kangaroo rats!!). The boyfriends bring water in every 30-40 min. I wonder how they become thirsty so frequently at 18 degree centigrade. It won’t be a bad idea to start a project on the topic ‘effect of love on serum vasopressin/aldosterone ’!!  Some undergraduate couples prefer to sit in the P.G section, even if seats are available for them!! I am still searching for the exact reason. Is it for dignity/privacy?! In my opinion, this category is the most efficient one, because they study for 1 hour intensely followed by 10-15 min of romance in canteen which filters out all the stress. Ultimately students from this category come out in flying colours in all the exams. BEHIND EVERY SUCCESSFUL LOVER, THERE IS A LIBRARY!!

Now, let’s shift to our category i.e students unable to concentrate for a long time. It wears the tag of majority. Students of this category study intensely for 20-25 min followed by gossiping in the toilet/stairs/canteen for 15 min.  Their earphones always kiss their external auditory canal. Studying SPM/microbiology in the background music of chiggy wiggy/zoobi doobi is amazing!! The sweeper’s duty becomes difficult because of the huge no of chocolate wrappers & chewing gums below the table of this category. Some of the eyes intermittently search (unsuccessfully) for rare angelic faces sitting in front of them. Externs from Manipal/Mumbai have always been the sources of attraction for this category. 3/4th of cerebral cortex is for studying & 1/4th for eyeing on others activities!!
Students from this category do everything. They stare at girls, they stare at difficult charts explaining acid-base balance, gossip about exams, gossip about movies/cricket/affairs etc &
&
&
&. Some of them waste their time by writing articles on LIBRARY .......
siren.........................OMG its 11.00pm.its library closing time...this is enough...i'll start studying from tomorrow !!


[I hope this article hasn’t hurt anybody’s emotions. If it has, then I m not sorry because in my opinion there is nothing in it that is cardio-toxic ] !!

8 comments:

  1. you are going to be one fine clinician my boy, i must appreciate your keen sense of observation and analytical deduction. keep it up & all the best. - Jyoti Bhai, SPM PG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @jyoti bhai & sudam bhai........thanx for your encouraging comments:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. again a very realistic and good one from u dude...keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haire lenka. dat was a good read..

    really really good one....
    has inspire d me at least this much to update my blog :) (ll do it in a month )

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha.
    Medical Library is such an interesting place. I never knew that. :)

    Best wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. an excellent 1 lenka...
    i must say...
    so true..so very true...
    proud of u dear

    ReplyDelete
  7. @SRK,virus,chandrika& sonu....thanx for sharing your views:)

    ReplyDelete